MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. – Employee volunteers from Fidelity Investment’s new Mount Kisco investor center will spend Thursday afternoon working with members of the Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester (BGCNW) to help enhance the Club’s garden program.
The Fidelity team, eager to find an opportunity to get involved in the Mt. Kisco community, will help the Club members plant new vegetables and build a fence around the garden area and set up a new greenhouse, which was also generously donated by the investment company.
The greenhouse will become part of the Club’s new “Kids Growing Food Gardening Program,” an innovative STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) program which aims to teach children responsibility and an understanding of agriculture, science, and life process with hands-on activities and instructional lessons.
Volunteers will arrive at the Club Thursday at 2:45 p.m. to prep in anticipation of the members’ arrival at 4:00 p.m.
The Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester is located at 351 Main Street, Mt. Kisco, NY and can be reached at (914) 666-8069 or by visiting www.bgcnw.com. For the latest news, photos and updates, you can "like" the Club on Facebook and or follow on Twitter.
- 1 Yankee Great Mariano Rivera Opens Car Dealership In Mount Kisco
- 2 Proposed Exit 4 Food Hall Clears Mount Kisco Zoning Board
- 3 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 4 Man Slept In Mount Kisco Woman's Garden After Drinking, Police Say
- 5 Funeral Scheduled For Kristopher Stephenson Following New Castle Car Crash