MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Russell A. Davidson of KG&D Architects in Mount Kisco, was elected as the 2015 American Institute of Architects first vice president/president-elect and 2016 AIA president.
Davidson is a former president of his local component in 1999 and president of AIA New York State in 2007. He joined the AIA National Board in 2009 and served as AIA vice president from 2012-2013.
Throughout his national leadership tenure, Davidson has maintained a special focus on government and public advocacy for architects and architecture.
Davidson practices with KG&D Architects in Mount Kisco, where he has worked for 28 years, holding every position from junior draftsperson to managing principal.
“Public awareness needs to become the lens through which the AIA views all of its efforts,” said Davidson. “With a renewed focus and prioritization of the many programs now in place, the AIA can and should be more relevant to practitioners and the public.
"Many of our practitioners and firms, including my own, are fighting real battles every day to maintain and build value in the services we deliver, and to convince our clients to invest in quality design. The AIA can and should improve the perceived value of our profession which will yield positive results for all architects.”
- 1 Mount Kisco Residents Speak Out Prior To County Police Consolidation Vote
- 2 Westchester County Executive Praises Mount Kisco Mayor For Police Contract
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Stretch Of Main Street In Mount Kisco Will Be Closed For Water Main Repairs