MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The village of Mount Kisco is about to get Chop't.
A new Chop’t Creative Salad Company is currently under construction at 53 South Moger Avenue in Mt. Kisco with an expected opening in September. Chop’t’s CEO Nick Marsh grew up in Larchmont and started Chop’t in 2001.
A building permit was issued July 9. The interior will be demolished and rebuilt. The site was previously home to Victoria’s Secret, which closed in summer 2011 after Hurricane Irene. The property has since been divided and Fidelity Investments filled one of the spots last year.
Kevin Kane, president of the Mt. Kisco Chamber of Commerce said Chop’t coming is wonderful news for Mt. Kisco.
“We think Chop’t will be great for our community and that our community will be great for their business,” Kane said. “This is a win/win. They add to the terrific variety already present in our village.”
Lysa Chen, a spokeswoman for Chop’t, said they are excited to come to Mt. Kisco. Chen said Mt. Kisco was a health conscious community.
“We think Mt. Kisco will embrace and welcome our “better tastes better” philosophy,” Chen said.
Chop’t has locations in New York and Washington D.C., including one in Rye Brook.
- 1 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 2 Mount Kisco FD Helps Stop Chappaqua House Fire
- 3 Group Hits $2.5M Fundraising Goal For Bedford Playhouse Overhaul
- 4 Target, With Mount Kisco Location, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Mount Kisco