KATONAH, N.Y.-- Flapper-era attire is encouraged at this Roaring '20s soiree, hosted by the Westchester Oratorio Society to celebrate the third season premiere of the PBS hit series “Downton Abbey.”
From 5-8 p.m. Saturday, join "Downton" characters the Right Honourable Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham, the Right Honourable Cora Crawley and the Countess of Grantham at a cocktail party at Muscoot Farm’s historic main house.
Raise a glass at this festive event to celebrate the hit show's premiere airing at 9 p.m. Sunday. The party will feature cocktail fare and desserts from “The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook," '20s-era music, dancing, a silent auction, a tour of the main house at Katonah's Muscoot Farm, which was remodeled in the 1920s, a card reading, photographs in costume and more.
Admission costs $50, which goes to support the society's music programs. Tickets can be purchased online. For more information on the event, e-mail WestchesterOratorio@gmail.com or call (914) 763-9389.
Also in January, the Westchester Oratorio Society resumes weekly rehearsals Tuesday evenings at the Katonah United Methodist Church for the spring portion of the group’s 16th season, its sixth under the direction of conductor Benjamin Niemczyk. For information on how to join the singing group, visit the society's website.
- 1 Yankee Great Mariano Rivera Opens Car Dealership In Mount Kisco
- 2 Mount Kisco Zoning Board To Meet On Food Hall's Parking Variance Bid
- 3 Mount Kisco Architect Working On Catherine Zeta-Jones' Proposed Apartment
- 4 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Byram Lake Estate
- 5 Mount Kisco Deli Fined By State Liquor Authority For Pair Of Altercations