MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Plants and Things Floral Design will distribute complimentary roses at Oakwood Cemetery and St. Francis Cemetery on Sunday, May 25.
The Memorial Day distribution is scheduled for 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the two cemeteries. Plants and Things Floral Design will again participate in the nationwide Memorial Day flowers program and will set up a stand at Oakwood and St. Francis cemeteries to give roses to visitors.
"Each visitor will receive two Ecuadorean roses; one to place on a headstone, another to take home in memory," representatives said in a press release. "Plants and Things often supports various good causes; however this one is special, and we are privileged, for a third year, to participate in honoring the people and families that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Flowers are a form of emotional expressions and the classic silent expression of a single stem placed on a headstone is perfect.”
Those who would like to get involved and help hand out roses are asked to contact the shop at 666-7170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Says Mount Kisco Native Jenner In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident