MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Northern Westchester Hospital will be hosting its annual Teddy Bear Clinic and Health Fair on Saturday, May 3 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Parents, children and their favorite stuffed animal can arrive anytime between 8 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. The Teddy Bear Clinic will follow an open house format and the last tour will be held at 10:15 a.m.
The NWH Teddy Bear Clinic is a positive learning opportunity for children to experience first-hand what might happen if they visit their doctor, hospital or hospital emergency department. The program is designed so that children will not fear a trip to the hospital.
The family event teaches children about medical treatments and healthy habits in a warm and friendly manner. Children and their “patients” will observe and learn about X-rays, splints and stitches, casting, IV therapy and more.
Children can also participate in interactive activities on exercise and healthy eating, first aid and safety, germ-busting and ambulance tours.
The event is free and registration is required. To register, visit www.nwhER.org.
Visit nwhc.net to learn more.
- 1 It's A Girl: Chappaqua's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 Thousands Flock To Chappaqua Book Fair
- 4 Guilty Plea Of Mount Kisco Parking Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus