MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- As Winter Storm Nemo began pummeling Mount Kisco with snow, many events and programs were canceled or postponed.
The National Weather Service predicted between 12-15 inches of snow for the tri-state area as estimates were revised at 4 a.m. Friday. The worst of the storm is expected to hit Friday evening into Saturday morning.
"Visibilities near zero in white-out conditions" are expected during that time, the service said.
The Bedford Central School District announced the cancellation of classes Thursday night. Other cancellations and postponements for this weekend include:
- The Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester is closed Friday.
- All Mount Kisco recreation programs are cancelled for Friday and Saturday, including open gym. Call (914) 666-3059 for more information.
- Pets Alive's pet adoption days sponsored by Churchills of Mount Kisco scheduled for Saturday and Sunday have been postponed until next weekend.
- Due to the snowy weather, Frannie's Goodie Shop will be closed today but may be open for normal hours Saturday, depending on the weather.
- The Mount Kisco Public Library is closed Friday as of 1:45 p.m. Call the library on Saturday to check for a delayed opening.
- Due to the impending storm, the Mount Kisco Child Care Center will be closed Friday and will re-open Monday.
- The Mt. Kisco Veterinary Clinic will be closing early Friday. If your pet needs to be seen by a doctor on an emergency basis Friday afternoon, the Katonah-Bedford Veterinary Center and Animal Specialty Center will be open.
- The MTK Tavern is closed Friday and has rescheduled the night's entertainment. The Frank Enea Band will be performing Sunday at 8 p.m., while Two Steps Down will have their dinner set rescheduled for mid-March. . MTK plans to re-open Saturday with its full schedule.
- Starbucks in Mount Kisco is closed as of 3 p.m.
Stay with The Mt. Kisco Daily Voice for more storm-related news.