WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Beading workshops will be conducted throughout Westchester County by Joan Lloyd in November and December.
Lloyd makes between 700 and 800 sets of earrings per month and donates them to battered women's shelters all over the country.
To facilitate that, she holds workshops in Westchester and Putnam counties to teach people how to make them.
She also holds workshops at libraries, for senior citizen groups, scouts, and church members and is always interested in doing more. She has been doing this for about five years. She charges a nominal fee for materials and for this she supplies everything that is needed--from beads to findings (wires, pins etc.) and tools.
The following is a list of her upcoming beading workshops for November and December:
- Nov. 17, Tuesday, 4 p.m., Mount Kisco Library, 100 Main St.
- Nov. 18, Wednesday, 6 p.m., Hart (Shrub Oak) Library, 1130 E. Main St, Shrub Oak
- Nov. 19, Thursday, 7 p.m., Tarrytown--Warner Library, 121 N. Broadway, Tarrytown
- Nov. 24, Tuesday, 7 p.m., Irvington Library, 12 S Astor St, Irvington
- Dec. 7, Monday, 7 p.m., Lewisboro Library, 15 Main St., South Salem
- Dec. 10, Thursday, 4:30 p.m., Katonah Library, 26 Bedford Road, Katonah;
- Dec. 15, Tuesday, 4 p.m., Mt. Kisco Library, 100 Main St.
- Dec. 16, Wednesday, 3 p.m., Croton Free Library, 171 Cleveland Drive, Croton-On-Hudson
- Dec. 17, Thursday, 6 p.m., Hendrick Hudson (Montrose) Library, 185 Kings Ferry Road, Montrose
- Dec. 19, Saturday, 1 p.m., Yonkers River Front Library, 1 Larkin Plaza.