If you think vodka is just a social lubricant, think again! Vodka in a spritz bottle is a powerful addition to any household's arsenal of cleaning supplies.
Here are some great ways to put vodka to work for you:
• Getting ink and lipstick stains off clothes takes no time at all. Dab or spritz vodka on the spot, rub gently and toss in the washing machine with the rest of the laundry.
• Spray vodka on bathroom mold and mildew, let sit for 30 minutes, then scrub with an old toothbrush. Vodka will also remove soap scum from tiles.
• Add a teaspoon of vodka to a vase of flowers to keep them looking fresh.
• Spritz vodka on clothes to remove musty odors. Let clothes air-dry before storing in the closet.
• Crystal chandeliers will sparkle once again after a spritz with a solution of one cup water to a teaspoon of vodka.
High-proof works best as a cleaner. No need to splurge on a brand name vodka — save the Grey Goose for a refreshing cosmo to sip while you relax.