NORTHERN WESTCHESTER, N.Y. -- It's an annual dilemma -- what to get your special someone for Valentine's Day? For those short on time we've rounded up a list beyond the usual chocolate and flowers. Even better -- especially with the never-ending who-knows-if-it-will-snow-or-not forecast -- our list keeps you close to home.
- Beehive Designer Collective , Mount Kisco : There are lots of artisan one-of-a-kind items here, among them silk-screened heart prints, handmade jewelry and fun, colorful (and very red) bows and hair ties for girls. Love it: 337 E. Main St., (914) 218-8700, www.beehivemtkisco.com/ .
- Kensico Soap Bar , Thornwood: There's something here for everyone: Men love the large luxury bar soaps, including "Beer in a Bar" and "The Works," women love the recycled Rewined champagne candle paired with "50 Shades scented bath fizzies." (The movie's out this weekend, ladies!) For kids, there are plenty of lip balms and heart shaped soaps. Love it: 660 Columbus Ave.,Thornwood, (914) 579-2033, www.kensicosoapbar.com/ .
- Via Michelle , Mount Kisco: Admittedly, Valentine's Day is not everyone's favorite holiday. Consider the tongue-in-cheek "Dammit Doll" which reads "Whenever things don't go so well and you want to hit the wall and yell, here's a little Dammit Doll that you can't do without." so, for those without a Valentine, here's a perfect gift to say "Dammit!" The store also sells great jewelry and skincare, among other pampering items. Love it: 49 S. Moger Ave., (914) 244-7000.
- Auburn Jewelry , Chappaqua: How better to show your love than with a one of a kind piece that you've designed for him? Men's cufflinks are available in 18 colors, sterling or 14k and endless design options. Plus Owner Samantha Auburn Levine, who returned to Chappaqua after law school, can make anything from his monogram to his company's logo. For women, there's the new True Love Collection available in mixed metals and black and white and inspired by -- you guessed it -- love. The company is only a year and a half old but already has been featured in "People Stylewatch," "Seventeen," and on "David Tutera's CELEBrations." Love it: (914) 960-1923, www.auburn-jewelry.com/ .
- Little Joe's Books , Katonah: A nice selection of cards, books and Valentines love blocks in various languages crowd the shelves here, as does heart-shaped glute-free cookies and assorted chocolates. Love it: 26 Katonah Ave., (914) 232-7278, www.joescb.com/ .
- Wallauer Hardware , Bedford Hills : Heat it up with a stainless steel fire pit, the perfect way to get cozy and cuddle in cold weather -- though you may want to wait till the snow melts. Love it: 655 Bedford Rd., (914) 241-1666, www.wallauer.com/ .
Got a favorite spot we missed? Tell us about it in the Comments area below.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.