MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- In an effort to get ready for Kids On The Run 5K race on Sunday, Sept. 21, Saw Mill Club trainers Carrie Martabano and Lucia Luppino Andrew Ricketts have been training kids who will participate in the race throughout the summer.
The training sessions have been taking place on Tuesdays at the Recreation Field next to Saw Mill Club and on Saturdays at the Fox Lane field.
Approximately 20 kids and 6 mothers are in the program from Mount Kisco and surrounding areas. The participants are having fun, getting stronger and gaining confidence.
In order to prepare, they are running stairs, rolling down hills, doing sprints, running laps, doing calisthenics, learning how to stretch and how to eat healthy.
Visit sawmillclub.com to learn more.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Kisco
- 3 Mount Kisco Hair Salon & Day Spa Hosts Grand Opening
- 4 Bedford School Officials Respond To Special-Ed Concerns
- 5 Mount Kisco Man Pleads Guilty To Pocketing $1.7 Million In Payroll Taxes