MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Mount Kisco families are set to celebrate "Pajama Shabbat" on Friday, April 25.
Several families will be celebrating “Pajama Shabbat” at nearby Pleasantville Community Synagogue. Rabbi Mark Sameth, who was named “one of the 36 most inspiring rabbis in America” by The Jewish Daily Forward, will lead the service, followed by a dinner, which is free and open to the public. Synagogue members and non-members are welcome.
“Pajama Shabbat has been a big hit with families,” Sameth said in a press release. “The idea is really simple. We invite parents to bring their little ones in their pajamas for a 6 p.m. story-time and sing-along. If they can stay up a little later we have dinner at 6:15 p.m. If they’re still up there’s a Family Service featuring the PCS house band 'The Pleasmatics' at 7:15 p.m. And then if they’re still awake there’s a refreshment hour at 8:30 p.m.”
Pleasantville Community Synagogue is celebrating its 17th year, and describes itself as a “progressive” community which actively welcomes interfaith, multi-racial, and LGBTQ, according to the press release. The synagogue is at 219 Bedford Road in Pleasantville.
- 1 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 4 Bedford Planning Board Meeting On 79-Home Proposal Lasts Till Nearly 2 A.M.
- 5 Mount Kisco Will See Frigid Wind Chills Through Early Week