BEDFORD, N.Y. -- The Westchester County Library System's board of trustees recently appointed Bedford's Luke Vander Linden to represent District 3.
Vander Linden has been a member of the Bedford Hills Free Library’s board of trustees since 2012.
District 3 consists of the public libraries in Bedford Hills, Chappaqua, Katonah and Mount Kisco. The 15 members of the library system’s board of trustees set library system policy, provide advice and direction to its professional staff and serve as a communication channel for the governing boards of Westchester’s 38 member libraries and the general public, according to a release.
“Public libraries have never been more vital to the communities they serve," Vander Linden said. "They are all adapting to the information and technology needs of today’s library patron – while at the same time struggling to provide more services with fewer resources. We are stronger when we work together and I look forward to collaborating with the four libraries I represent.”
- 1 Mount Kisco Zoning Board To Meet On Food Hall's Parking Variance Bid
- 2 Mount Kisco Architect Working On Catherine Zeta-Jones' Proposed Apartment
- 3 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Byram Lake Estate
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 Grocery Store Bidding Tops Last Week's News In Northern Westchester County