MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Dr. Akira Todo, medical director of the Stroke Program and Neurology Hospitalist at Northern Westchester Hospital, was named Physician of the Year at NWH’s annual Physician Dinner.
Todo was cited for his support of patients and their families as well as the hospital's staff. He was credited with raising the awareness of the medical and nursing staff to be alert for stroke symptoms.
Todo, an Elmsford resident, received his medical degree from New York Medical College. He completed his residency in Neurology and fellowship in Vascular Neurology.
Vino Shukla from the NWH Transportation Department was also honored at the dinner. He was named the 2013 Colleague of the Year.
Shukla was recognized for his soothing manner which puts patients at ease as he transports them safely to their destination. He was praised for demonstrating the Planetree philosophy of patient-centered care in all of his interaction with patient and their families.
Shukla has worked in the Transportation Department since 2001, primarily in the Emergency Department, and resides in Mount Kisco.
Visit nwhc.net to learn more.
- 1 Mount Kisco Police Consolidation Contract OKed By County Board Committees
- 2 Bedford Hills Teen Accused Of Defacing Historic Clock Tower
- 3 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 4 Man Going 107 MPH In Bedford Charged With Drug Possession, Police Say
- 5 Famed Bedford Garden Available For Viewing