NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- A break in occurred at Purdy’s Farmer & the Fish in North Salem early Monday morning, according to co-owner Michael Kaphan.
The break in was discovered after one of the farmers went to open the restaurant, according to Kaphan, and a person there discovered that the office upstairs had been broken in to. A “small amount” of cash was taken, Kaphan said. He could not say what the amount was.
There were no other break-in signs, according to Kaphan, who also confirmed that state troopers came. The matter is still under investigation. The burglary took place between midnight and 4 a.m., according to Kaphan.
Purdy’s Farmer & the Fish was closed for lunch due to the burglary on Monday, according to Kaphan, but is open for dinner.
The restaurant is located at 100 Titicus Road in North Salem.
- 1 Two Mount Kisco Women Charged In Heroin Bust At Mall
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Suspect Charged In Mt. Kisco 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 4 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 5 Village Of Mount Kisco Invites Residents For Holiday Stroll