NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- A break in occurred at Purdy’s Farmer & the Fish in North Salem early Monday morning, according to co-owner Michael Kaphan.
The break in was discovered after one of the farmers went to open the restaurant, according to Kaphan, and a person there discovered that the office upstairs had been broken in to. A “small amount” of cash was taken, Kaphan said. He could not say what the amount was.
There were no other break-in signs, according to Kaphan, who also confirmed that state troopers came. The matter is still under investigation. The burglary took place between midnight and 4 a.m., according to Kaphan.
Purdy’s Farmer & the Fish was closed for lunch due to the burglary on Monday, according to Kaphan, but is open for dinner.
The restaurant is located at 100 Titicus Road in North Salem.
- 1 Mount Kisco Police Advise Motorists To Avoid Lexington Avenue
- 2 Mount Kisco Resident Charged In Yorktown With DWI, Possessing Fireworks
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says