NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- A break in occurred at Purdy’s Farmer & the Fish in North Salem early Monday morning, according to co-owner Michael Kaphan.
The break in was discovered after one of the farmers went to open the restaurant, according to Kaphan, and a person there discovered that the office upstairs had been broken in to. A “small amount” of cash was taken, Kaphan said. He could not say what the amount was.
There were no other break-in signs, according to Kaphan, who also confirmed that state troopers came. The matter is still under investigation. The burglary took place between midnight and 4 a.m., according to Kaphan.
Purdy’s Farmer & the Fish was closed for lunch due to the burglary on Monday, according to Kaphan, but is open for dinner.
The restaurant is located at 100 Titicus Road in North Salem.
- 1 Man Charged With Causing Severe Stab Injuries, Mount Kisco Police Say
- 2 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Rollover Reported On I-684
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show