CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Temple Beth El of Northern Westchester announced the hiring of Rabbi Jonathan Jaffe as its new Senior Rabbi on Sunday, Feb. 9.
Jaffe served Congregation Emanu-El in San Francisco as an associate rabbi since 2006. He took on the oversight of the synagogue’s educational programming, from preschool through adult education in 2010.
“With his intellect, spirituality, and warm, engaging personality, Rabbi Jaffe energized the (search) committee and the board in a way we only imagined possible," Temple Beth El president Lisa Davis said in a statement. "We are confident that he is the right person to lead Temple Beth El into a bright, exciting future.”
Jaffe was born in Hawaii and received his BA in philosophy from Duke University and studied at The Hebrew University in Jerusalem. He will begin his new role with Temple Beth El on July 1.
- 1 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 2 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 3 Mount Kisco Medical Group Announces Partnership With Sloan Kettering
- 4 Nine Billionaires With Westchester Ties Make Forbes 400 List
- 5 Guilty Plea Of Mount Kisco Parking Officer Tops Week's News