WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Con Edison is preparing for heavy snow and strong winds associated with the storm bearing down on Westchester County on Tuesday, Jan. 21.
Customers can report downed power lines, outages and check service restoration status at www.conEd.com or by calling 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633). When reporting an outage, customers should have their Con Edison account number available, if possible, and report whether their neighbors also have lost power.
Customers who report outages will be called by Con Edison with their estimated restoration times as they become available.
Depending on the severity of storm damage, crews will give priority to restoring equipment that will provide power to the most customers as quickly as possible, then restore smaller groups and individual customers who are without power.
Con Ed is also providing the following tips to keep customers safe during the storm:
- Do not go near downed power lines. Treat all downed wires as if they are live. Never attempt to move them or touch them with your hands or any object. Be mindful that downed wires can be hidden from view by tree limbs, leaves, snow or water.
- Report all downed wires to Con Edison and your local police department immediately. If a power line falls on your car while you’re in it, stay inside the vehicle and wait for emergency personnel.
- If your power goes out, disconnect or turn off appliances that would otherwise turn on automatically when service is restored. If several appliances start up at once, the electric circuits may overload.
- Check to make sure your flashlights and any battery-operated radios are in working order. Make sure you have a supply of extra batteries.
- 1 Siblings' Fight Over Ice Cream Among Mount Kisco Police Calls
- 2 Modell's Seeks Move Into Former Borders Site In Mount Kisco
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed