MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The cause of Wednesday's fire, which killed one woman , was ruled to be electrical, according to Mount Kisco Fire Chief Mario Muccioli.
The electrical cause was due to a problem with a wire, the chief explained.
An official with the Westchester County Medical Examiner's office identified the victim as Chrystine Nicholas, 86.
An autopsy was not performed due to a request from Nicholas' family, according to the official. However, an elevated level of carbon monoxide in her system was discovered, the official added, which is consistent with smoke inhalation.
Nicholas' home is a brown structure that is located in a wooded area behind several commercial buildings near the intersection of East Main Street and Boltis Street.