WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 2 Mount Kisco Medical Group Announces Partnership With Sloan Kettering
- 3 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 4 Nine Billionaires With Westchester Ties Make Forbes 400 List
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About Tax Rebate Scam