WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Saturday Thaw is still a few hours away and temperatures have not climbed as rapidly as forecasters initially predicted.
The National Weather Service has issued a Freezing Rain Advisory until 4 a.m. on Saturday for Westchester and southeast New York, interior Southern Connecticut and Northeast New Jersey.
A light glaze of ice from a trace to less than one-tenth of an inch is possible as temperatures hover in the low to mid 30s, with colder ground temperatures.
Areas near the coast may have all rain or drizzle by midnight.
The forecast for Saturday calls for rain, heavy at times, and a high between 55 and 60 degrees. The heaviest rain should fall in the late afternoon/early evening.
- 1 Mount Kisco Man, 48, Pleads Guilty To Pocketing $1.7M In Payroll Taxes
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Kisco
- 4 Bedford School Officials Respond To Special-Ed Concerns
- 5 Hundreds Celebrate The Life Of Chappaqua/Mount Kisco Legend Crabtree