NEW YORK, N.Y. -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is under observation at New York Presbyterian Hospital after doctors discovered a blood clot, CNN reported Sunday.
The Chappaqua resident was undergoing a follow-up exam related to a concussion she suffered on Dec. 13, her spokesperson said, when her doctors found the clot.
The Secretary of State is being treated with anticoagulants, according to Philippe Reines, deputy assistant secretary of state, and will remain in the hospital for the next 48 hours.
Clinton was scheduled to return to work this week afte a three-week absence, CNN reported.
- 1 Siblings' Fight Over Ice Cream Tops Mount Kisco Police Calls
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern