MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. – No emergency, it seems, is too big or too small for the ER staff at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco.
When a vending machine in the emergency department waiting area began to emit a strong odor Tuesday, ER personnel called in the Mount Kisco Fire Department.
Firefighters determined that a motor in the vending machine had seized, causing the smell.
Hospital officials say there is a protocol to follow even for minor incidents like Tuesday's and that work in the ER never missed a beat.
"There was no interruption to operations or patient care and all the protocol was followed," said hospital spokesperson Gretchen Mullin.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway In Mount Kisco
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach