MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. – No emergency, it seems, is too big or too small for the ER staff at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco.
When a vending machine in the emergency department waiting area began to emit a strong odor Tuesday, ER personnel called in the Mount Kisco Fire Department.
Firefighters determined that a motor in the vending machine had seized, causing the smell.
Hospital officials say there is a protocol to follow even for minor incidents like Tuesday's and that work in the ER never missed a beat.
"There was no interruption to operations or patient care and all the protocol was followed," said hospital spokesperson Gretchen Mullin.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Kisco
- 3 Mount Kisco Hair Salon & Day Spa Hosts Grand Opening
- 4 Bedford School Officials Respond To Special-Ed Concerns
- 5 Mount Kisco Man Pleads Guilty To Pocketing $1.7 Million In Payroll Taxes