MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. – No emergency, it seems, is too big or too small for the ER staff at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco.
When a vending machine in the emergency department waiting area began to emit a strong odor Tuesday, ER personnel called in the Mount Kisco Fire Department.
Firefighters determined that a motor in the vending machine had seized, causing the smell.
Hospital officials say there is a protocol to follow even for minor incidents like Tuesday's and that work in the ER never missed a beat.
"There was no interruption to operations or patient care and all the protocol was followed," said hospital spokesperson Gretchen Mullin.
- 1 Mount Kisco Residents Speak Out Prior To County Police Consolidation Vote
- 2 Westchester County Executive Praises Mount Kisco Mayor For Police Contract
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Stretch Of Main Street In Mount Kisco Will Be Closed For Water Main Repairs