MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. – No emergency, it seems, is too big or too small for the ER staff at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco.
When a vending machine in the emergency department waiting area began to emit a strong odor Tuesday, ER personnel called in the Mount Kisco Fire Department.
Firefighters determined that a motor in the vending machine had seized, causing the smell.
Hospital officials say there is a protocol to follow even for minor incidents like Tuesday's and that work in the ER never missed a beat.
"There was no interruption to operations or patient care and all the protocol was followed," said hospital spokesperson Gretchen Mullin.
- 1 Suspect Charged In Mt. Kisco 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 2 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 3 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 4 Village Of Mount Kisco Invites Residents For Holiday Stroll
- 5 Mount Kisco Gets $340K Grant For County Police Consolidation