MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. – No emergency, it seems, is too big or too small for the ER staff at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco.
When a vending machine in the emergency department waiting area began to emit a strong odor Tuesday, ER personnel called in the Mount Kisco Fire Department.
Firefighters determined that a motor in the vending machine had seized, causing the smell.
Hospital officials say there is a protocol to follow even for minor incidents like Tuesday's and that work in the ER never missed a beat.
"There was no interruption to operations or patient care and all the protocol was followed," said hospital spokesperson Gretchen Mullin.
- 1 Proposed Exit 4 Food Hall Clears Mount Kisco Zoning Board
- 2 Man Slept In Mount Kisco Woman's Garden After Drinking, Police Say
- 3 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 4 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours