MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The village of Mount Kisco will provide a special Christmas tree pick-up service for local residents through Jan. 28, according to the village's website.
As part of its recycling program, the village will collect the Christmas trees at no charge and chip them into mulch, according to the site.
Village officials are requesting residents place their trees at the curb in order to facilitate pick-up and note that no other items will be picked up at curbside. Christmas trees will not be collected or removed by village sanitation crews already conducting regular household refuse collections.
Residents interested in obtaining mulch are invited to call the Mount Kisco Highway Department at (914) 666-8193 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays.
- 1 Two Mount Kisco Women Charged In Heroin Bust At Mall
- 2 Suspect Charged In Mt. Kisco 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 5 Village Of Mount Kisco Invites Residents For Holiday Stroll