MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The village of Mount Kisco will provide a special Christmas tree pick-up service for local residents through Jan. 28, according to the village's website.
As part of its recycling program, the village will collect the Christmas trees at no charge and chip them into mulch, according to the site.
Village officials are requesting residents place their trees at the curb in order to facilitate pick-up and note that no other items will be picked up at curbside. Christmas trees will not be collected or removed by village sanitation crews already conducting regular household refuse collections.
Residents interested in obtaining mulch are invited to call the Mount Kisco Highway Department at (914) 666-8193 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays.
- 1 Mount Kisco Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 St. Francis Of Assisi Joins Mount Kisco Interfaith Food Pantry
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Mount Kisco