MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The village of Mount Kisco will provide a special Christmas tree pick-up service for local residents through Jan. 28, according to the village's website.
As part of its recycling program, the village will collect the Christmas trees at no charge and chip them into mulch, according to the site.
Village officials are requesting residents place their trees at the curb in order to facilitate pick-up and note that no other items will be picked up at curbside. Christmas trees will not be collected or removed by village sanitation crews already conducting regular household refuse collections.
Residents interested in obtaining mulch are invited to call the Mount Kisco Highway Department at (914) 666-8193 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays.
- 1 Siblings' Fight Over Ice Cream Tops Mount Kisco Police Calls
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Modell's Seeks Move Into Former Mount Kisco Borders Site
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern