WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Nearly 65,000 residents in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland counties now have health insurance via the New York state insurance exchange, according to LoHud.com.
Most of those who enrolled opted for private plans through the marketplace, which is in contrast to the statewide numbers that have 55 percent of the enrolled population under a Medicaid plan, LoHud.com reported.
More than 960,000 residents signed up statewide, and 80 percent were not previously insured, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Mount Kisco Woman Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Bank Customers
- 2 State Police Warn Mount Kisco Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield