WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Nearly 65,000 residents in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland counties now have health insurance via the New York state insurance exchange, according to LoHud.com.
Most of those who enrolled opted for private plans through the marketplace, which is in contrast to the statewide numbers that have 55 percent of the enrolled population under a Medicaid plan, LoHud.com reported.
More than 960,000 residents signed up statewide, and 80 percent were not previously insured, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Mount Kisco Police Find No Underage Drinking Violations In Random Check
- 2 Accidents Abound Amid Rain, Slush, Snow In Westchester
- 3 Bedford Central School District Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 4 Mount Kisco Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 State Police Stepping Up Checkpoints In Westchester During Thanksgiving