WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Residents in a Northern Westchester town can sleep soundly after being named the No. 1 "2017 Safest City in America!" for the second year in a row by SafeWise. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- A former Bedford Hills corrections officer has been sentenced to nine months in prison for sexually abusing a female inmate last March.
- A man was sentenced to 18 years in prison for sex trafficking two minors from the Hudson Valley.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino formally vetoed the Immigrant Protection Act Wednesday.
- Westchester is gearing up for a once in a generation experience.
- Toll Brothers officially broke ground Tuesday on Carraway, a 421-unit luxury rental community on the site of two former corporate office buildings at 103-105 Corporate Park Drive.
- Three teens who filmed themselves trespassing on the new Tappan Zee Bridge and then posted it on YouTube have been charged with third-degree criminal trespass, according to New York State Police.
- A raccoon was found to have rabies after attacking a pet dog in Peekskill, authorities said Thursday.
- If you missed your chance to be an extra in a new untitled Al Pacino film, no worries: Second time's a charm.
- A motorist had to be extricated from his car after rolling his vehicle and striking a pole in Pound Ridge.
- A Westchester County police officer was injured Wednesday night when a man who was high on drugs and driving a stolen pickup truck crashed into his marked patrol vehicle in White Plains.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.