MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- As the blizzard pounds northern Westchester County, Mount Kisco Village Manager Edward W. Brancati declared a snow emergency for the village until 8 a.m. Wednesday.
During the emergency, parking on any street or roadway is prohibited until the emergency ends at 8 a.m. Wednesday. Violators will be ticketed or towed, said Brancati.
In addition, residents should not throw snow onto plowed portions of any street or roadways. Homeowners are responsible for the actions of private contractors they hire.
Free parking is available in all municipal parking lots during the emergency including:
- South Moger Avenue Lot
- North Moger Avenue Lot (near Party City)
- Blackeby Parking Lot (off of Green Street)
- Maple Avenue Parking Lot
- Dakin Avenue Parking Lot
- Village Centre Lot (Shoppers Park)
- East Hyatt Parking Lot (corner of Main and E. Hyatt)
- Mount Kisco Senior Center (Behind Mt. Kisco Housing Authority)
- Leonard Park near the basketball courts
- Fox Senior Center located at 198 Carpenter Ave.
All vehicles should be removed from the lots by noon on Wednesday, March 15, for snow plowing.
For additional information visit www.mountkisco.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.