WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- State Sen. Greg Ball fired the aide who plagiarized text from a Huffington Post article to include in a legislative bill memo, according to nystateofpolitics.com.
The bill in question is one sponsored by Ball that would outlaw the possession and harboring of killer whales in aquariums throughout New York State, according to the Albany Times Union.
The lifted text came from a high school student in Chicago as well as an L.A. Times interview with "Blackfish" director Gabriela Cowperthwaite, nystateofpolitics.com reported.
Ball represents District 40, which includes three towns in Putnam County as well as Cortlandt, Peekskill, Mount Kisco, New Castle, Lewisboro, Pound Ridge, North Salem, Somers and Yorktown.
- 1 Fired Fox Lane Teacher's Lawsuit Against District Is Dismissed
- 2 Cardinal Dolan Visits Mount Kisco For Monsignor’s Funeral
- 3 Mount Kisco Woman Charged With Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated
- 4 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola