WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- State Sen. Greg Ball fired the aide who plagiarized text from a Huffington Post article to include in a legislative bill memo, according to nystateofpolitics.com.
The bill in question is one sponsored by Ball that would outlaw the possession and harboring of killer whales in aquariums throughout New York State, according to the Albany Times Union.
The lifted text came from a high school student in Chicago as well as an L.A. Times interview with "Blackfish" director Gabriela Cowperthwaite, nystateofpolitics.com reported.
Ball represents District 40, which includes three towns in Putnam County as well as Cortlandt, Peekskill, Mount Kisco, New Castle, Lewisboro, Pound Ridge, North Salem, Somers and Yorktown.
- 1 State Police Warn Mount Kisco Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 'Amazing Race' Episode Features Two Stylists From Mount Kisco Salon
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Mount Kisco Overnight