WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – The United Way of Westchester and Putnam has established a free, confidential helpline and online database to provide Hudson Valley residents a wide range of resources during the post-Hurricane Sandy emergency.
The helpline number is 2-1-1, and the database website is www.hudson211.org.
United Way’s 2-1-1 helpline offers information and referrals to health and human services organizations. Call specialists can communicate with callers in more than 250 languages. The line is available from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., seven days a week with expanded hours possible during emergencies.
Those affected by the hurricane are encouraged to dial 2-1-1 for information pertaining to shelters, evacuation routes, road closures, recovery services, power outages, donations, volunteer opportunities and other disaster-related services.
- 1 Yankee Great Mariano Rivera Opens Car Dealership In Mount Kisco
- 2 Mount Kisco Zoning Board To Meet On Food Hall's Parking Variance Bid
- 3 Mount Kisco Architect Working On Catherine Zeta-Jones' Proposed Apartment
- 4 Mount Kisco Deli Fined By State Liquor Authority For Pair Of Altercations
- 5 Mop-Handle Assault Among Mount Kisco Police Reports