VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Westchester Community College officials reported that there was one minor injury when a portion of ceiling overhang on the Student Center walkway collapsed Thursday, April 24.
"Shortly before 12 noon today, there was a partial collapse of the bottom section of the ceiling overhang in the walkway area between the Student Center Building and the Health Office," the Westchester Community College Facenook page said. "There was one minor injury."
According to the the college, emergency responders are on the main campus.
"The building was closed briefly as a safety precaution. The building is now open, although some entrances may be closed temporarily," the report said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Kisco, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Kisco; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Kisco
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer