WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – A sports camp run by former NFL quarterback Jay Fiedler and his family is being sued by a Westchester teen after he was allegedly sexually abused by a counselor at the camp in Sullivan County, according to a report on LoHud.com.
The alleged assault occurred in 2006 at Brookwood Camps, the report said. The 18-year-old, listed as “John Doe” in the suit, said counselor Willie Barron sexually assaulted the boy while he was sleeping in a cabin, according to LoHud.
Barron, the report said, also worked as a teacher’s aide in Queens. He has been suspended without pay since September, the report said. Fielder recently became the full-time director of the camp, the report said, and is listed as a defendant with his brother, Scott, and their parents, Ken and Donna.
Fiedler, 42, a native of Long Island, played for Miami, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Jacksonville, New York Jets and Tampa Bay in a career than spanned from 1994-2007. Read the full story on LoHud here.
- 1 Yankee Great Mariano Rivera Opens Car Dealership In Mount Kisco
- 2 Proposed Exit 4 Food Hall Clears Mount Kisco Zoning Board
- 3 Man Slept In Mount Kisco Woman's Garden After Drinking, Police Say
- 4 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 5 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies