MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. – Edna McKinney, a longtime Mount Kisco resident, died Jan. 11. She was 99.
Born Feb. 8, 1913, in Thornwood, McKinney worked as a receptionist at the Mount Kisco Medical Group for many years. She later worked as a gift wrapper for Fox and Sutherland in Mount Kisco. She was known as "the brownie lady," her family said.
She was predeceased by her husband, Oscar J. Mckinney; two brothers, Paul and Gilbert Rauh; and a sister, Gertrude Dreyer.
McKinney is survived by two children, Scott (Karen) McKinney and Mary (Dennis) Keller; a sister, Jeanne Beaumont; and three grandchildren.
A funeral service was held Monday at United Methodist Church. Oelker-Cox and Sinatra Funeral Home handled arrangements.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd