MT. KISCO, N.Y. - Hazel Cullam of Mt. Kisco died Sunday, Aug. 24. She was 95.
Cullam was born Oct. 1, 1919, to Roderick and Albina MacKenzie, in Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada. Her family settled in Mt. Kisco in 1925. She was a graduate of Mt. Kisco High School. She worked at Dr. Olsen's office. She retired from the Bedford Central Schools, having worked in the nurse's office at the Mt. Kisco Elementary School. She was a member of the American Legion Auxiliary and Eastern Star. She was a member of the United Methodist Church of Mt Kisco.
Cullam is survived by her son, Thor Johannessen (Doris) of Mt Kisco; daughter, Leanne Summers (Kirk) of Bedford; and daughter-in-law, Donna Cullam of Bedford Hills; eight grandchildren; and eight great grandchildren, all of whom reside locally. She was predeceased by her husbands, Thor Johannessen and John Cullam; and son, John William (Billy).
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 27 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Oelker-Cox & Sinatra Funeral Home, 262 E. Main St., Mount Kisco. The funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 28 at United Methodist Church Of Mt. Kisco, 300 E Main St., Mt. Kisco. Interment will be in Oakwood Cemetery, Mt. Kisco.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to United Methodist Church of Mt. Kisco, 300 E Main St., Mt Kisco, NY 10549, 914-666-5014.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Mount Kisco Woman Charged With Having Cocaine In Books
- 3 Mount Kisco's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Mount Kisco Must Prepare
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire