MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. – Joan Galasso, formerly of Mount Kisco, died Feb. 1. She was 72.
Born March 21, 1940, in New Rochelle, Galasso was the daughter of Dominick and Katherine Manfrieda Lener. She was employed by Subzero Refrigeration and Waldbaum's Supermarket.
Galasso was a member of the American Legion Ladies Auxiliary. She most recently lived in Hopewell Junction.
Galasso is survived by five children, Frank Appedu III, Susanne (James) Lewis, Ronald (Lanay) Appedu, Lorianne Appedu and Tara Anne Galasso; two brothers, Thomas Lener and Robert Lener; and nine grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her first husband, Frank Appedu Jr.; her second husband, Thomas Galasso; and a brother, Richard Lener.
A celebration of her life will be held in the spring. McHoul Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
Memorial donations may be made to Hospice Foundation, 374 Violet Ave., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.
- 1 Mount Kisco Residents Speak Out Prior To County Police Consolidation Vote
- 2 Westchester County Executive Praises Mount Kisco Mayor For Police Contract
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Stretch Of Main Street In Mount Kisco Will Be Closed For Water Main Repairs