HARTSDALE, N.Y. - Marianne Hazelton Gorman of Scottsdale, Ariz., and Hartsdale, died Feb. 14. She was 78.
Gorman was born March 20, 1935, in Baldwin, to William T. and Anne S. Hazelton. She attended the Rosemont College in Pennsylvania and earned a degree from the Parsons School of Design in New York City. She raised her family in Hartsdale. She was employed by the fabric retailer Calico Corners from 1978 to 1992 where she held several positions including manager of the Mamaroneck and Mount Kisco stores and district manager for New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Massachusetts.
Gorman is survived by her children, Michael P. (Rosemary D.) Gorman of Red Bank, N.J., Mary Pat (Dr. Bruce A.) Smith of Dallas, Texas, Stephen T. Gorman of Hingham, Mass., Kathleen A. McEnroe of Sharon, Conn., and Maureen E. (Peter) Sidoti of New Windsor; siblings, William R. "Bob" Hazelton of Hicksville and Jane Easa of West Hempstead; grandchildren; and great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, George S. Gorman, Jr. of Yonkers; and daughter-in-law, Clementina "Nina" Gorman.
A Funeral Mass was held Saturday, Feb. 22 at St. Thomas the Apostle Church in West Hempstead, followed by burial at the Cemetery of the Holy Rood with her parents in Westbury.
A tribute page at alz.org has been created in the name of Marianne Hazelton Gorman. Donations and thoughts can be posted through this page.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway In Mount Kisco
- 2 Mount Kisco Parking Officer Pleads Guilty To Stealing $89K From Meters
- 3 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Mount Kisco's Ranking Among NY's Safest Places To Live Tops Week's News