MT. KISCO, N.Y. - Ruth Cahoon Freeman of Mt. Kisco died May 19. She was 87.
Cahoon was born Nov. 14, 1926, in Newport, RI, to Earl W. and Gladys Bacheller Cahoon. She graduated from Rogers High School in Newport and attended Indiana University. She served as a receptionist at New Castle Town Hall for 28 years, retiring in 2006. She had also been previously employed by Reichold Chemical Co. in White Plains as an executive secretary to one of their vice presidents, as well as secretary and bookkeeper for her husband's engineering firm since 1981.
Cahoon is survived by her husband, Ronald; children, Diana Harris (Michael) of Naples, Fla., and Brad Freeman (Cheryl) of Ridgefield, Conn.; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her brother, Wilbur Tripp Cahoon.
Services will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration, AFTD, Radnor Station Building 2-Suite 320, 290 King of Prussia Road, Radnor, PA 19087, or the Alzheimer's Association, P.O. Box 96011, Washington, DC 20090-6011.
For more information, please visit: www.cassidyflynnfuneralhome.com
- 1 Mount Kisco Police Advise Motorists To Avoid Lexington Avenue
- 2 Mount Kisco Resident Charged In Yorktown With DWI, Possessing Fireworks
- 3 Sandra Lee Returns Home To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 4 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 5 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three