BEDFORD, N.Y. – An elderly Bedford Hills man died 24 hours after his senior facility superintendent rescued him from his apartment, which had caught fire, police said.
The tenant, 82, suffered severe burns in the fire, which began around 3:20 p.m. Thursday in his apartment at Fellowship Hall, a senior living facility on 212 Babbitt Road.
Police have not released his name, but LoHud.com has identified him as Mount Kisco native Richard Fitzgerald.
He was taken to Westchester Medical Center, where he later died. The Westchester County Medical Examiner determined severe burns and smoke inhalation were the causes of death.
After neighbors noticed smoke, the Fellowship Hall superintendent went into the smoke-filled apartment, located the tenant, and pulled him out, police sad.
Check back for more details as they become available.
- 1 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M
- 2 Start Date For Mount Kisco's Police Consolidation With County Announced
- 3 Curt Beusman, Mount Kisco Community Fixture, Dies
- 4 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 5 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect