MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- New York State Police arrested and charged a Mount Kisco man with driving while intoxicated and drug possession recently, police officials said.
Milton T. Mejia-Monroy, 26, was pulled over in Peekskill for driving 45 mph in a 30 mph zone on Route 6. During the stop, troopers suspected Mejia-Monroy of being intoxicated and found him to be in possession of cocaine, State Police said.
Mejia-Monroy was charged with driving while intoxicated and fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance. If convicted, he faces up to seven years in prison, according to State Police.
Mejia-Monroy is scheduled to appear in Peekskill City Court on Monday, Feb. 3, State Police said.
- 1 10 Displaced In Fire At Mount Kisco Multifamily Home
- 2 Bedford Schools Superintendent Cancels Race Relations Workshop
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Kisco Skies Sunday
- 4 Bedford Hills Nurse Earned More Than $630K In Overtime
- 5 Mount Kisco's Neighbors Link Provides Health Care To Low-Income Residents