MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- A Mount Kisco man was charged with stabbing another man in the neck with a knife Saturday and causing serious injury, police said.
Joseph Holmes, 67, got into a heated argument with a 25-year-old male at a family party on Maple Avenue, according to police. The suspect ran away to his nearby home on 89 Maple Ave., where police arrested him minutes later.
The victim was taken to a nearby hospital.
Holmes was arraigned in Mount Kisco court for first-degree assault, a felony. Town Justice Mark F. Farrell set bail at $2,000 or $4,000 bond, which Holmes failed to meet. He was taken to Westchester County Jail.
The suspect is due back in court Jan. 30 at 7 p.m.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the alleged crime to call the Mount Kisco Police Department’s Detective Squad at 914-666-3855.
- 1 Bedford Hills Nurse Earned More Than $630K In Overtime
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Mount Kisco On Wednesday
- 3 Fired Fox Lane Teacher's Lawsuit Against District Is Dismissed
- 4 Mount Kisco Woman Charged With Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated
- 5 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway