MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- A Mount Kisco parking enforcement officer was arrested in the theft of more than $89,000 in village parking meter funds.
The Westchester County District Attorney's Office, which announced the arrest on Tuesday, accused Jeffrey Daday of taking the revenue over a period from Jan. 5, 2009 until May 6, 2014.
Daday, a 35-year-old resident of Southeast in Putnam County, is accused of emptying the meters and then depositing some of the money at People United Bank, at 14 S. Moger Ave, in Mount Kisco.
Daday was arrested on Tuesday when he was leaving the bank after he made a deposit, according to the District Attorney's Office. He was charged with one count of second-degree grand larceny, a Class C felony, which has a penalty of up to 15 years in prison. His next court date is May 8.
- 1 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M
- 2 Mount Kisco Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 4 Start Date For Mount Kisco's Police Consolidation With County Announced
- 5 Mount Kisco FD Responds To House Fire Near Downtown Chappaqua