MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- A Mount Kisco parking enforcement officer was arrested in the theft of more than $89,000 in village parking meter funds.
The Westchester County District Attorney's Office, which announced the arrest on Tuesday, accused Jeffrey Daday of taking the revenue over a period from Jan. 5, 2009 until May 6, 2014.
Daday, a 35-year-old resident of Southeast in Putnam County, is accused of emptying the meters and then depositing some of the money at People United Bank, at 14 S. Moger Ave, in Mount Kisco.
Daday was arrested on Tuesday when he was leaving the bank after he made a deposit, according to the District Attorney's Office. He was charged with one count of second-degree grand larceny, a Class C felony, which has a penalty of up to 15 years in prison. His next court date is May 8.
- 1 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 2 Mount Kisco FD Helps Stop Chappaqua House Fire
- 3 Target, With Mount Kisco Location, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs
- 4 Group Hits $2.5M Fundraising Goal For Bedford Playhouse Overhaul
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Mount Kisco