CORTLANDT, N.Y. — The New York State Police issued the following statement to Westchester County drivers in preparation for Friday's impending snowstorm:
"New York State Police in Troop K are advising motorists in the Hudson Valley region to refrain from all unnecessary travel on Friday, Feb. 8. Historically, snowstorms of this predicted magnitude have resulted in road closures and motorists becoming stranded on the highways.
"It is anticipated that travel conditions will deteriorate rapidly beginning in the late morning and continuing into the evening hours. Sporadic closures of sections of I-84, the Taconic State Parkway and I-684 throughout the day are anticipated.
"All vehicular traffic, particularly commercial motor vehicles, are advised to avoid these roadways. All vehicles abandoned on the roadway will be subject to immediate impoundment."
- 1 10 Displaced In Fire At Mount Kisco Multifamily Home
- 2 Bedford Schools Superintendent Cancels Race Relations Workshop
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Kisco Skies Sunday
- 4 Mount Kisco's Neighbors Link Provides Health Care To Low-Income Residents
- 5 Mount Kisco Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday