WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Police are investigating a deadly crash late Friday night in which a 19-year-old man crashed into Mahopac High School, just over the Westchester County border.
Fire officials say 19-year-old David Diachenko was barreling down Gleneida Boulevard off Baldwin Place Road when his car gained so much momentum it crashed into the side of his alma mater, according to News 12 Westchester.
The crash, which damaged 10 classrooms, is being investigated, according to News 12.
Diachenko had plans to join the Navy, according to News 12.
- 1 Two Mount Kisco Women Charged In Heroin Bust At Mall
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Suspect Charged In Mt. Kisco 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 4 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 5 Village Of Mount Kisco Invites Residents For Holiday Stroll