PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. –UPDATE: 12:50 p.m.: The northbound side of the Saw Mill River Parkway in Pleasantville reopened Wednesday around noon. It was closed all morning near the Bedford Road exit after a tractor trailer truck struck the Manville Road overpass in the early morning hours.
The driver who struck the bridge, a 40 year old man from Delaware, was cited for the following traffic violations: driving a restricted vehicle on the parkway, driving an overweight vehicle on the parkway and failure to obey a traffic control device according to the Westchester County Police. Police say that the man said it was his first time driving in New York and that he was following a GPS application on his cell phone.
Commercial vehicles are restricted from driving on the Saw Mill River Parkway. The Manville Road overpass is just under nine feet in height.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Mount Kisco Woman Charged With Having Cocaine In Books
- 3 Mount Kisco's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Mount Kisco Must Prepare
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire