PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. –UPDATE: 12:50 p.m.: The northbound side of the Saw Mill River Parkway in Pleasantville reopened Wednesday around noon. It was closed all morning near the Bedford Road exit after a tractor trailer truck struck the Manville Road overpass in the early morning hours.
The driver who struck the bridge, a 40 year old man from Delaware, was cited for the following traffic violations: driving a restricted vehicle on the parkway, driving an overweight vehicle on the parkway and failure to obey a traffic control device according to the Westchester County Police. Police say that the man said it was his first time driving in New York and that he was following a GPS application on his cell phone.
Commercial vehicles are restricted from driving on the Saw Mill River Parkway. The Manville Road overpass is just under nine feet in height.
- 1 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 2 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 3 Mount Kisco Medical Group Announces Partnership With Sloan Kettering
- 4 Nine Billionaires With Westchester Ties Make Forbes 400 List
- 5 Guilty Plea Of Mount Kisco Parking Officer Tops Week's News