WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Yonkers man was spotted by state police allegedly traveling at 144 MPH and was later arrested at the toll plaza at Exit 24 on I-87 north in the Albany County Town of Coeymans on Friday, Feb. 14.
Pedro D. Ramirez-Cuebas III, 21, allegedly would not stop his black Acura Integra when police pursued him.
Ramirez-Cuebas continued north on I-87 at a high rate of speed weaving in and out of traffic and turning his headlights on and off.
The pursuit ended safely when Ramirez-Cuebas was forced to stop when his vehicle reached the toll plaza of exit 24. He was quickly taken into custody without further incident.
He was transported to Albany State Police where he was charged with first-degree reckless endangerment, third-degree unlawful fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle and possession of marijuana.
Ramirez-Cuebas was arraigned and remanded to the Albany County jail pending further action in the Town of Coeymans Court later this month.
- 1 Mount Kisco Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Kisco
- 4 Police Issue 75 Tickets In Distracted Driving Detail On I-684
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow