WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – The New York Times has endorsed Sean Patrick Maloney in the race for New York’s 18th Congressional District.
Maloney, a Democrat, is trying to unseat Republican Rep. Nan Hayworth of Bedford.
Maloney is a former aide to President Bill Clinton and two New York governors, David Paterson and Eliot Spitzer.
The Times wrote, “Despite her Tea Party support, Dr. Hayworth, a retired ophthalmologist, tries to cast herself as a moderate, particularly on women’s issues. Yet she has favored limiting contraception coverage for employees and voted to defund Planned Parenthood. Mr. Maloney promises to support health care reform, help the middle class and oppose tax cuts for the rich. We recommend Mr. Maloney.”
The newly redrawn 18th Congressional District includes Orange, Putnam, and parts of Dutchess and Westchester counties.
- 1 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M
- 2 Mount Kisco Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 4 Start Date For Mount Kisco's Police Consolidation With County Announced
- 5 Mount Kisco FD Responds To House Fire Near Downtown Chappaqua