BEDFORD, N.Y. -- As a result of school days lost to Hurricane Sandy, snowstorms and power outages, the Bedford Central School District has revised its school calendar, district officials announced Thursday in an e-mail sent to parents.
In his note, Superintendent Jere Hochman said in order to recoup student instructional days lost this fall and winter, Fox Lane Middle School and High School now need two more make-up days and district elementary schools need one more make-up day.
To accommodate the unforeseen number of lost days, the following adjustments have been made to the school calendar, according to the letter:
Middle and high school students will now have a half-day of school March 15. However, this could be changed to a full day depending on plans for parent/teacher conferences.
April 1 has become a school day for all students.
May 3 will remain a superintendent’s conference day unless another day off is needed due to unforeseen circumstances, in which case it will become a school day for the district.
If there is a second snow day after that, March 25 will become a school day. If there is a third snow day, March 26 will become a school day, and if there is a fourth, school will be in session March 27.
For now, however, March 25-29 remains the spring break.
- 1 Mount Kisco Residents Speak Out Prior To County Police Consolidation Vote
- 2 Westchester County Executive Praises Mount Kisco Mayor For Police Contract
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Stretch Of Main Street In Mount Kisco Will Be Closed For Water Main Repairs