Superintendent Jere Hochman announced the following changes Monday afternoon:
- April 1 is a full day school day. This was a day off originally.
- May 3 is a full day school day. This was a superintendent’s conference day originally.
Elementary Schools Only:
- March 14 and 15 are parent-teacher conference days. There is no change from the original calendar for elementary schools.
- March 14 is a half-day for elementary schools. There is no school Friday, March 15, for parent-teacher conferences.
Middle School and High School:
- March 14 and 15 are now full regular school days for the middle and high schools. There will be no parent-teacher conferences for middle and high school.
- March 25 to 29 is still March break, however, more snow days or other lost days of school would result in March 25 becoming a school day, as would March 26, March 27 and March 28 depending on how many days need to be made up.
Hochman also previewed 2013-14 school calendar, which will be released Wednesday.
“It looks very different than this year—and maybe we will not have a hurricane and power outages with which to contend along the way,” he said.