CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The Chappaqua School District recently released an update on the 2014-15 budget process.
A PTA-sponsored Community Forum on the proposed school budget is set for 9:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 3, in Bell Middle School's auditorium.
At each forum, Schools Superintendent Lyn McKay and Assistant Superintendent for Business John Chow will present a brief overview of the proposed budget, representatives said. The forums are intended to "provide an alternative venue for community members to ask questions, voice concerns and provide input before the board adopts its budget" on April 23.
The Board of Education will hold work sessions and meetings through the budget process.
The following is a listing of budget and school election dates, according to the district:
- Wednesday, March 5, Board Work Session - Curriculum/Technology 7:30 p.m. – Horace Greeley High School (HGHS), Academic Commons
- Wednesday, March 12, Board Meeting/Work Session – Special Education/Athletics 7:30 p.m. – HGHS, Academic Commons
- Wednesday, March 19, Board Meeting/Work Session – Operations & Maintenance/Non-instructional 7:30 p.m. – HGHS, Academic Commons
- Wednesday, April 2, Budget Work Session - Revenue/Tax rates/Contingency 7:30 p.m. – HGHS, Academic Commons
- Monday, April 21, Board candidate petitions due to District Clerk Theresa Markley 5:00 p.m. – Education Center (66 Roaring Brook Road)
- Tuesday, April 22 (tentative), BOCES Budget/Election - all component school districts meet Time/Location to be determined.
- Wednesday, April 23, Board Meeting/Adopt Budget 7:30 pm – HGHS, Academic Commons
- Wednesday, May 7, Budget Hearing and Library Budget Presentation 7:30 p.m. – HGHS, Academic Commons
- Thursday, May 8, PTA-sponsored Community Q&A on the Adopted Budget 9:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. at Seven Bridges Middle School, Lower Commons
- Tuesday, May 20 Budget Votes and Board Member Elections 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. at HGHS gym.
- 1 Mount Kisco Residents Speak Out Prior To County Police Consolidation Vote
- 2 Westchester County Executive Praises Mount Kisco Mayor For Police Contract
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI