BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Fox Lane High School Senior, Charlotte Herber, received a third-place award of $1,000 at the 2014 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in Los Angelesrecently.
Herber's project, titled "Evidence of Toll-like Receptor Nine-Mediated Amelioration of Amyloid Pathology in a TgSwDI Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease," was one of 1,783 projects from about 70 countries being presented at the weeklong event.
“Participation in Intel ISEF is the pinnacle of scientific achievement for a high school student," Fox Lane High School Science Research Teacher, Stephanie Peborde said in a statement. "To earn a place in the grand awards is an amazing feat, and I'm so happy for Charlotte that, after two years of dedicated, hard work, she received this honor.”
- 1 Yankee Great Mariano Rivera Opens Car Dealership In Mount Kisco
- 2 Mount Kisco Deli Fined By State Liquor Authority For Pair Of Altercations
- 3 Mop-Handle Assault Among Mount Kisco Police Reports
- 4 Proposed Exit 4 Food Hall Clears Mount Kisco Zoning Board
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says