BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Fox Lane High School Senior, Charlotte Herber, received a third-place award of $1,000 at the 2014 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in Los Angelesrecently.
Herber's project, titled "Evidence of Toll-like Receptor Nine-Mediated Amelioration of Amyloid Pathology in a TgSwDI Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease," was one of 1,783 projects from about 70 countries being presented at the weeklong event.
“Participation in Intel ISEF is the pinnacle of scientific achievement for a high school student," Fox Lane High School Science Research Teacher, Stephanie Peborde said in a statement. "To earn a place in the grand awards is an amazing feat, and I'm so happy for Charlotte that, after two years of dedicated, hard work, she received this honor.”
- 1 Bedford Hills Teen Charged With Burglary In Mount Kisco
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway
- 3 Westchester County Police Charge Man, 26, With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 4 IRS Warns Mount Kisco Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Giving Thanks for Thanksgiving Shortcuts In Mount Kisco, Chappaqua