PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pace University's men's and women's basketball teams went head-to-head with the Le Moyne Dolphins to finish its seasons with losses on Tuesday, Feb. 25.
Men's basketball senior Denzel Primus-Devonish netted 23 points but the Setters came up short in the final minutes to the Le Moyne Dolphins.
In the final minutes of the game, senior Jamaal James hit a free throw at the 2:16 mark and 1:37 mark and sliced the score down to one. Le Moyne came back with a pair at the line with 1:10 on the clock and Primus-Devonish hit two free throws in the final 15 seconds as Pace trailed by two.
Pace was able to have three shots in the final five seconds but all missed and the Setters came up short when time expired.
Women's basketball freshman Shanice Allen scored 17 points and pulled in a career-high eight rebounds, but the Pace University women’s basketball team fell to the Le Moyne Dolphins 55-45.
After the Dolphins opened up a 31-22 lead a minute into the second half, Pace scored the next six as a pair of shots by Allen followed by a layup by freshman Loren Kaiser to cut the lead to three. However, that was as close as the Setters would get and Le Moyne pulled away for the win.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway In Mount Kisco
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Mount Kisco Could See Lowest Autumn Gas Prices In Four Years