Contact Us
Mt. Kisco Daily Voice serves Mt. Kisco, NY
Return to your home site

Menu

Mt. Kisco Daily Voice serves Mt. Kisco, NY
Breaking News: Teacher, Attorney From Area Killed In Plane Crash Were In Long-Distance Relationship
police & fire

Mount Kisco House Fire Was Accidental, Chief Says

Firefighters battled a blaze on Spring Street in Mount Kisco.
Firefighters battled a blaze on Spring Street in Mount Kisco. Photo Credit: Eric Hartmann

MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The Saturday house fire on Spring Street was accidental and caused by the failure of an electrical wire, according to Mount Kisco Fire Chief Mario Muccioli.

Mount Kisco's Fire Department responded to the blaze at 125 Spring St., on Saturday at 4:13 a.m., according to the chief.

Mutual aid included fire departments from Bedford Hills, Katonah and Yorktown Heights he said. The Mount Kisco Volunteer Ambulance Corps and Westchester County's Cause and Origin Team also responded, according to Muccioli.

The fire in Mount Kisco displaced a family of two adults and four children, Carolyn Sherwin, a volunteer spokeswoman with the Red Cross, told Daily Voice on Saturday. She added that the family was given emergency shelter.

Sherwin praised the collaborative work between the fire department, ambulance corps and Red Cross, saying there was a "textbook example of emergency services working together."

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Mt. Kisco Daily Voice!

Get the news you need to know on the go.

Welcome to

Mt. Kisco Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.